Friday, June 27, 2008

A Million Miles Packed In Inches

Recently I attended a large event, somewhat against my will, and pretty much everybody I knew was there.

Yes, it was one of THOSE. Opportunity for endless fun, right?

Well, I'm me.

I was standing in a line, sandwiched between most of the people who have ever mattered to me, and I was alone. I've never felt anything like it, never felt that kind of disconnect from so many familiar and often friendly faces.

Well, alone in the crowd is a common feeling, but alone in the PEERS? The event lasted pretty much the whole day and most of the night into the morning, and I could not shake the feeling that I was watching everybody else on television from a bunker fifty miles below the surface. Or on Titan.

It's frustrating to try to describe, and maybe the blog isn't the place psychoanalyze, but dammit, nobody over here is listening, and nobody on the internet is either, but the internet is invisible, and it stings a little more to see a face turn away than an empty comment box.


Aren't you glad I'm back?



Yarr

1 comment:

Cap'n Gibby said...

C'mon, Fire 3... ICE 3!?