Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Brawl Day Uno!

Okay folks, here are some character lowdowns:

Mario: Plays more like Doc Mario in Melee, new down-B is kind of sucky, though I don't have a lot of experience using it.

DK: Exactly the same, lost some power off of his B move, Side-B is more useful, still has tons of spikes.

Diddy: I haven't played him yet, but my chums use him pretty effectively.

Luigi: So much better! He was my best in Melee and they made him better! Yes! Final Smash is... odd.

Olimar: Haven't used him enough to be any good with him, up-tilt is amazing, good character.

Link: I hate Link.

Marth: Same old asshole, less range maybe.

Ike: Everything he does will kill you, slow as a glacier, sounds like a bus exploding when he hits you.

Metaknight: Fast as all hell, can't kill anything until the high 100's, requires intense practice.

DeDeDe: My favorite newcomer so far. Powerful, good combos, my next main man after Luigi.

Kirby: Seems better, new dash attack is welcome.

Fox: Toned down a bit, still a nice character.

Falco: Changed a lot, less soul-destroyingly annoying, more unique. Talks funny, he's a Boid from Brooklyn.

Snake: Awesome. Blows everything up, air attacks are super powerful, needs practice.

Sonic: FAST. Hard to use. Needs practice, probably more than Snake. Kills at 170% on average.

Wario: Strange. Haven't played him much, seems to have a lot of advantages in the air.

Pokemon Trainer: Overall, excellent. Squirtle dominates the air, Ivysaur has rage and wicked power and... well, Charizard is my least favorite. Plenty good, but not great.

Ice Climbers: I like then even more now. Beware the terrible hammers of Killyou.

Pit: ANNOYING. Easy to kill, but good luck hitting him. Has a few good KO moves.

Captain Falcon: Plays a little more like Melee Ganondorf, which I like. Not garbage like the Tourneyfags whine, nothing to jizz yourself over.

Pikachu: A Death Machine. Every good move made better, every bad move made passable. Fear the rat.

Yoshi: Kind of the same, better recovery.

Zelda: Fantastic! I liked her before but she's a steamroller now. Din's Fire will screw you all over the place.

Sheik: Weakened quite a bit, which is good. Players of her from Melee will weep like little girls.

Samus: Still brings the pain, Up-B is back to being stupidly good and down-air is even better for spiking.

Zamus: Haven't played as her, but she looks pretty good (and I hear she plays fine, too!)

Lucas: Awesome! Everything explodes, shocks, freezes or burns. Big hitboxes. Up smash is a thing to be feared.

Ness: Better, but plays about the same. New engine suits him.

Peach: Seems the same, down smash noticeably weaker, new Exploding Ass attack.

Bowser: Kicks major ass. New Side-B is killer, his moves are faster... everything is better.



Those are all of the ones I've unlocked so far. I'll put the new ones up when I get them, plus some other opinions of mine.

1 comment:

Cap'n Gibby said...

Again, Blogger, may I sign in using my Blogger account FROM THE SIGN IN PAGE!?