Thursday, January 22, 2009

Change

All this talk of "change" that the mediascape has been regurgitating ad nauseam for the past half-year or so has really gotten to me to thinkin', and I know just how much you love it when I think too much before I post here. So here comes the vitriol.

Change is an easy thing to say. Change change change. I could do that all day.

But to ACTUALLY change is about the most difficult thing you can ask a human being to do. We hate it. It's scary. You lose things. What you knew for sure no longer applies.

I've been stagnant in my personal and school life for awhile now. I've tried to change. Talk to people. Listen to people. Get confidant. It's hard, though, to get over the doubts, the fear, the shyness, the old habits. Every day I've thought and talked about changing, and it hasn't done a bit of good, because I haven't DONE anything I've thought or talked about. I just don't have the will or the impaetus yet.

So to anyone and everyone: Stop flapping your lips about change and SHOW that you can.

That includes me.




Yarr.

No comments: