Sunday, September 14, 2008

Low

Low is my favourite album by probably my favourite artist. I'll leave it to you to find out how important it was to the music of the decades following its release, but everybody from NIN to Radiohead has some of Low in their genetics.

But who wants a musicology lesson? I'll just post the songs from YouTube so you can enjoy them. YouTube really sucks for audio quality, so if you can find it as a CD or high-quality BitTorrent, do that. The best experience would be on vinyl, of course. All of the old synths sound so much warmer and fuller on LP rather than digital. Good luck finding it, though, I'm certainly not selling my copy!

I'll probably post the whole "Berlin Trilogy" of albums here eventually, "Heroes" being next in line.

I'm going to overdo it describing the qualities of each song. I can't help it, I love it too much not to sound like a dork trying to tell you about it.

No comments: