Saturday, May 17, 2008

We're Gonna Have a Gas!

I had to fill up my car the other day (after about a month and a half, shows how much I drive), and the gas station might have been the most emotionally crosswired place I've ever been.

I just had this innate sense of dread standing there, pumping dirty, horrible gasoline into my terrible explosion-machine. Maybe it's because of the news, the global warming emergency, the price of oil or the gas fumes, but it seemed like everyone around me was a desperate emotional wreck, if only when they had to mosey on up to the pump.

I paid my fifty bucks(!) and left, and I'd never been so happy to be out of somewhere.

Best I can describe it... it felt like Altamont in there. A really great time devolving into something terrible.

Maybe it's just me.




Yarr

No comments: